Thursday, October 11, 2007

A few not so random thoughts. - Not being around the world for 80 days.

Disclaimer: This is a letter written by a blogger to his blog personified (Samiksha) in a rather reflective mood. It is bound to be appear overanalytical, boorish, emotional and even avoidably philosophical.

Having run the disclaimer, let me confess to you Samiksha that I really have so many things to tell you...This time around I have a few questions for you; I turn to you to ask you those questions.
I expect no answers...These are questions for which answers probably don't exist!

Now, this village I have been living in all these days(80 approximately) afforded me an opportunity to look at life from a different perspective yet again...
I was going to this city..the City of Joy as they call it...Oh what a joy!
It had been almost 80 days since I had been to a coffee place of the order of a Barista...
80 days since I saw cars like the Honda City zipping across the City roads...
80 days since I went into a "home".
80 days since I had "home food".
80 days since I had seen a home, family; experienced hospitality; reminded of exactly what I am missing back in Bang Bang galore!

Our pursuit of a career really does lead us to so many places! The National Stock exchange conducts certification exams only in metros/major cities and two exams, one of which would declare me as eligible to apply for "Derivatives trading" was what the City of Joy had in store for me...and if it were not for Aaaradhana, I would not even be registering for the exam(s), forget enjoying undeserved hospitality.
Forum mall on 2 consecutive days, Barista on 2 consecutive days...complete with a visit to a Crossword Bookstore is what the City of Joy had to offer to me.
The Maruti Sx4 I checked out at the car showroom, while pretending to considering it as a replacement to my 1 year old Santro (jacked upto 3 years thanks to the sincerity and seriousness of the sales exec)...These were mere "side effects"...

Around the world in 80 days may have had its fair share of attention...
But not being around the world for 80 days is something that caught my attention...

I mentioned side effects...but the main effect, because I guess there is one such effect, has definitely affected and afflicted me...and my mind is now infected by and infested with thoughts of possible futures, in other cities, the village that I have now come back to, the City which I belong to...
This, and only this is my understanding of "Time-space" complexity..
Some space-time co-ordinates are worth reflecting upon...and I leave this reflection comfortably vague for me to revisit memories of the co-ordinates.

Cheers!

No comments: