Thursday, September 27, 2007

Celebrations.

No Samiksha!
I am not talking about Cadbury's "Celebrations".. I am not talking about it despite the fact that a Cadbury's home pack was part of the celebrations! ;-)
The moron I am, I did not exactly feel victorious or elated after accomplishing this "feat" of a bank saying "Yes" to me..
I wasnt overjoyed...I was more like..Ok! Hmmm...So this is what I will do...and this is where I will be between May and November next year.
And, over the next few days/weeks, I would save time that I would have otherwise spent in thinking about every profile being offered by every other company for summer internships.. Yes, in my case this will definitely be a huge saving in time!
It is another thing that time saved is not necessarily time well spent..But then...time saved is half the battle won ;-)

So...when the Groundies (the 4 rooms sharing a hallway in this wing of our hostel, and the other rooms right around the corner...we the proud occupants of these ground floor rooms call ourselves Groundies)..
So when the groundies call me for tea and walk past our regular tea joint(s), I least suspect, smell or see even a sembleance of surprise!
I was on the phone with Little Sister, and walk for a good 5 minutes into "Veggies"...

So what does celebration really mean?
Is it feeling happy?
Is it feeling happy for and with someone else?

The second one seems more likely to be the correct answer...
Selflessness! Or, togetherness as an extension of selfishness..
Belongingness, or any other word for that matter...can only be a word...

Somethings just cannot be described..And some small things...those little nice things friends do to remind idiots like me that people can be happy for each other...That they can be happy for themselves and for others at the same time..as if the two were not any different!
This, is celebration...
Cakes, sweets, chocolates are only instruments...The idea of celebration as I saw it today...is something I cant forget for a long time to come...And there are somethings for which a "Thank You" can never be enough!
But then, Thank You! Thank you so very much for being happy for me...especially when I myself am not celebrating this even in private!

For once, Bach has to be sidelined...
"Fly free and happy beyond birthdays and across forever, and we'll meet now and then when we wish, in the midst of the one celebration that never can end"

He probably was talking of Life being a celebration in itself...But, but, but...and this is a big but...
Bu then...celebration as I "re-understood" today...is simply touching!


Thanks Me, Va, Po, Mo, Ra, Pa. Thanks Sa, San, Kit, J, Su, He. Thanks for making me feel special!
I can never forget this!

Now, "He!", dude, can I try my luck again tomorrow ? With the AirCon company of course! ;-)

No comments: