Saturday, March 29, 2008

Craftwork...Destined to dwell in Nostalgia!

Hi Samiksha,

Before I get started on another looooong story marrying the future and the present, let me tell you about one of my best friends who is here with me on a vacation. He's taken a break of sorts from everything, including blogging..
For reasons obviously known to you, me and a few others, we'll call him "TheNamesake"

Now, he really does not want to be the talk of the town, or for that matter TheVillage; So, we shall give him some rest in terms of Time and Space...those two celestial/galactic dimensions on which the world, the universe itself, as we know, depends.

Craftwork

Coming back to what really got me here this night/dawn to talk to you was this...
Staying in this village, seemingly simple things like the weather can be quite amusing, as I discovered this Saturday evening, and my "loomie" and I had been to one of the Halls of Residences here, and Vidyasagar Hall, known for its Pakodas and other snacks, was our ideal eatout place on a Saturday evening since our Mess, being the complete mess it is, doesn't serve Saturday snacks and dinner..
So....VS Hall was playing Kraftwerk...I was transported.
They were playing "We are the robots" and..that was enough to transport me into Nostalgia mode...
There was a self proclaimed "Sweet Innocent Child's" dinner treat that separated me from downloading all of Kraftwerk I could get on "D See Plus Plus"..

I am gonna abruptly put an end to this random blabbering right here, and leave you with the lyrics of one of Kraftwerk's songs I used to like then, and like now alike! :D

The Model

She's a model and she's looking good
I'd like to take her home that's understood
She plays hard to get, she smiles from time to time
It only takes a camera to change her mind

She's going out tonight whilst drinking just champagne
And she has been checking nearly all the men
She's playing her game and you can hear them say
She's looking good for beauty we will pay

She's posing for consumer products now and then
For every camera she gives the best she can
I saw her on the cover of a magazine
Now she's a big success I want to meet her again..

By the way..Craftwork, Kraftwerk...whats the connection you ask?
I dont know what Designs my fate had on me this evening, that I was destined to be Transported...As if it were some Craftwork of sorts to remind me of Kraftwerk...

AzziBoy and me used to be hooked onto the only magnetic tape we had of Kraftwerk back in Class 9..
And Azzi Boy is in for a surprise ( I am not quite sure if he has enough time to read blogs, apart from Philosophy!)

For now, I ll call it a day Samiksha...Its daybreak anyway! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Dieta, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dieta-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.