Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Aloo Parathas, Bangalore's traffic, the uber rich; South Indian marriages

Breakfast = 5 Aloo Parathas (my personal best is 7, but today I could not afford to be drunk on food!)

Interview = 1 hour
(think about what happens before South Indian arranged and rearranged marriages...I wish I could write as well my Guruji Sidin Vadukut...but, I am still an amateur, and an immature one at that...So, I will give you a link to know what kind of an interview I am talking about...) I can tell you only this much..I was not the interview candidate! I was on the panel ;-)

Link??? Link!!!!
http://www.whatay.com/2007/09/17/marriages-are-made-in-thrissur/

So....if that was a good way to start the day, the rest of the day was no bad either!
Driving Mom and Dad around was in itself a voluntary undertaking...Yana and I have been away for too long...And long distance relationships need a lot of intense bonding for the periods when people meet...So...I just wanted to drive, drive and drive!
And driving mom and dad to the uber rich was more than satisfying for the senses...Materialism is something that is as worthy of appreciation as art of any other form ;-)

5 pm : Masala Dosa at Vidyarthi Bhavan...
Well...if you haven't heard about this place...here is what Wikipedia says under "Basavangudi"...
Vidyarthi Bhavan, a quaint little restaurant located in the heart of Gandhi bazaar makes the best Masala Dosa in the world. The aroma wafting through the air is a good enough indication that you are in the vicinity of this gastronomic heaven. This awesome restaurant is perennially jam-packed and still the most sought after hotel in the town.

I close the day with a wedding reception...Enough for a hectic day eh? You bet!

No comments: