Saturday, December 8, 2007

High school friends giving up an evening's high!

5 of us... high school friends met up this evening...And almost as if it were magical, we changed our plans..We changed our mind and instead of the going to our regular hang out, we went out to only a restaurant...A Saturday evening for most IT professionals is an opportunity to "feel good"...
And high school friends went without a high...For me? Undeservingly if at all? Hmm...not sure...not sure either way...if it was for me...or for me and undeservingly so...
But there is one thing I have never forgotten..That it should have always been easy for these guys to not count me in...I was not really one of them...I studied in this school for only two years...They all grew up together...But never once did I feel like an outsider...They ve always made me feel like I was one amongst them...And its definitely not to do with me....Not completely atleast! May be I shouldnt over analyse some things...Things like friendship...what friends can do for you...its as puzzling as much as it is comforting...and sometimes you always wonder if you have actually really interacted or met these guys everyday for only two years...But then there is something about school friends...They always remind you of your past...They know what you really are :-)
So...Thames in Jayanagar 39th cross it was...for dinner...A looooong time since I had spent 250 bucks for dinner :-D
A funny feeling really..pinches your pocket coz ur no longer earning...But then you used to do it every weekend if not more often...So, it has some nostalgic value as well..
Luckily for me...I ve been undeservingly lucky this evening...Lucky pig!
We find a gelato place...and all of us have gelato...What a Saturday evening!...Man! I should go away and come back more often ;-)

No comments: