Tuesday, September 11, 2007

September 11th.

Hi Samiksha,

(For the benefit of first time readers of my blog, Samiksha is my blog personified and her name in Samskrit means analysis/reflection/thought...)

So, Hi Samiksha,

Nice to know you ve moved...I mean from LiveJournal.com where I met you a coupla years back to Blogger.com, just another web 2.0 service that Google has repackaged after acquiring!..
I am partly responsible for moving you...and to that extent I really hope you like this new place ;-)

Also, I am really sorry for not having kept in touch...I know its been a real long time since I spoke to you...I cant apologize enough Samiksha! So, please forgive me alrite!

Quickly moving on to why I felt like talking to you again...There have been too many things that have happened to me, with me and because of me over the last couple of months...
I have myself moved now. I am now in a place a few thousand kilometres away from Bangalore. I have quit my job at AbsoluteGood ; it's been 3 months since I quit my job.
And a week short of two months since I left Bangalore "In Pursuit of Happiness".
Whether or not I find happiness, that only time will tell...But this place is where I got myself into...Those three letters M, B and A...they brought me here...and here is where I ll stay for the most part of the next 21 months...

You know that I am this idiotic person who lives more in the past and future than in the present..So, you'll have to patiently listen to my story...the story of what exactly got me to writing to you again!

So...AbsoluteGood was Absolutely Good alrite! I did miss AbsoluteGood after June 8th, my last day there...
Not immediately after June 8th..Coz the following Weekend took me to Kerala on a week long tour...A tour with mom, dad and my Little Sister...this was a family vacation after 2 years, come to think of it!
Kerala truly deserves its name, "Gods own country"..but I ve wondered why it wasnt "Godesses own country" !!!
Anyways, LittleSister and I went click happy in God's Own country and both of us exhausted our cards on our digicams...By the way Darshana (my cam) is doing well..She is with me here, and says "Hi" to you ;-)
I ll share the pictures with you sometime soon...I left them behind in Bangalore in a hurry!

Back from Kerala, I would go to Chickmaglur, Dharmasthala and then at last to Chennai, spending a coupla days at each of these places...and generally wasting most of my time in Bangalore...

The last 50 days have been an emotional roller coaster, my first time away from home...In fact, away from everything that was familiar to me earlier... I will try and express (if I can that is!) to you about what I really think or feel about how this place and the life-experience here...

But for now, I will tell you this much..I am sitting here, a few thousand kilometres away from Bangalore.. This place doesnt have the salubrious weather that Bangalore is fabled to have...
I dont want to be indiscreet by taking names; so let us leave this comfortably vague...
I am somewhere in the Western side of East India..I am here to do my MBA...at a place that actually has greater aspirational value for youngsters in their teens...upto a decade younger to me!

September 11 th has some special memories associated with it..I wrote the GMAT on this day last year...Its another thing that I chose a different future...I would like to meet my cosmic counterpart who chose the future leading from the GMAT, using it to go someplace else..I wonder where he is and what he is going through....I hope to be able to speak to him sometime soon ;-)
So..this morning I realised that September 11th was special for me..not just for the GMAT I wrote last year...but also because in 2001, this was the day on which the WTC twin towers went down...a day after my family suffered a more personal loss...My granny had passed away a day before the historic day...and both days were quite historic..one for our family and me; the other for the rest of the world that I and my family lives in.

In what ways are all these connected/related to my blogging again in general and this post in particular?

I really wish I could give you an answer that sounded sensible enough...But since you know and understand me well..that not all things need to be reasonable and sensible all the time...I am sure you wont misunderstand me..or miss understanding me this night...

Samiksha, some of my friends have been asking to see you for quite some time..They have been asking me to talk to you...to write to you...The ass I am, I havent been able to manage the time to do that for the last coupla months...
I hope to write to you more often..I have lots to tell you...Especially now, because I am leading a life of great disconnectedness..I can be sure that you're there to listen to me :-)
Very rarely in life do idiots like me find wondersful soulmates like you to whom I can pour my random thoughts no end...and in the open! ;-)

For now, good night Samiksha..talk to you soon :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice way to introduce the blog. Good selection of name...
continue writing... loved reading abt Sameeksha... :-)

A said...

Hey..

Good to know youre back.. Rather sober, I'd say.. A reflection of your state of mind, may be?

Cheers
Athulya

Ramya said...

Gud tht u r talking to Samiksha again. why don't u tell her more of what's happening here...

nice different stlye of blogging yaar. wud love to read more :)

Sthiramathi aka Seizonsha said...

@ Manu - Thanks for your comment!
I didnt think that people would actually read my blog! I am glad you liked the name...Is nt it lovely!
Samiksha thanks you too :-)

@ Athulya

Hmmm..You seem to have forgotten the three laws! :P
Vishwas is a state of mind...or lack thereof..So, a state of mind is what it was..No doubt!

Do tell me about the following post.. :-)

@Ramya

Thanks for appreciating my style..Style of blogging I mean ;-)
You ll soon repent having asked for more! ;-)