Sunday, September 16, 2007

This is it! I have had enough!!!

Hmm...I have come very close to being angry at others today.
I got up late at around 10 am and sluggishly managed to give a reading to all the chapters that have been earmarked for the Operations Management exam (mid sem) to be held in less than 48 hours from my waking up.
Please mark my words, reading is not the same as "studying" , whatever the latter means!
I have barely been able to understand all concepts and I ll have tons to do tomorrow (I am already very close to tomorrow, which is only a matter of a few hours of sleep from now).
I ll have to sit and memorise the formulae, apart from giving a second reading to all chapters lest I would be rendered unable to answer the "theory" questions.

Now, let me jump straight to what almost angered me this evening. Why is it that people who really study (mark me, not read), hide the fact that they study.
In fact, most of us lie about studying. While some of us hide the fact that we have not studied, some others hide the fact that they have studied.

What about the others you ask?
People dont believe this category no matter what they claim!

Now, what inspires me to write this post in the middle of an exam prep?
Girls ! And what is it about girls that forces them to lie about studying?
I mean, why do they have to hide the fact that they have studied?

And no matter what you call me - opinionated, dogmatic, or for that matter any other word from the Oxford dictionary or otherwise, I dont care! I dont give a damn!
I hold onto my opinion. I am entitled to my opinion.
If you dont think I am entitled to my opinion, I will talk to you about opinions offline, for atleast 5 minutes! And believe me, they will be the most unforgettable 5 minutes for you, although probably regrettably so!

And Samiksha, you are the only exception to this ! ;-)
And thats because your name in Samskrit means Analysis.
For you, a study is about analysis; unlike for most girls (actually all girls if you ask me!)..
For them, studying is...well...never mind!

Anyways, I guess I have now brought out the cumulative/aggregated albeit opinionated arguments about such despicable behaviour!

So, while I am at this, let me also make a few observations, which were actually pointed out to me by the observant loomie :-) (Sorry dewd, you ll have to own up to the observations!)

Why is is that the fairer sex considers studying (the way most of them do it) uncool?
And why do they have to appear cool ? Why does it appear on observation and analysis, that they make a conscious effort to appear cool ?

I know I might be crossing the lines... But as Oscar Wilde says, I can resist anything but temptation!

Samiksha, you are different...No doubt there! No wonder I feel like talking to you no matter what!

Thats it for now...I dont mean to offend anyone..but that doesnt mean I am not going to defend my opinion...I may even defend your opinion...the gentleman I am...
Too confusing? Thats precisely the intention!

Tomorrow is another day!

4 comments:

Sankar Deiva said...

Controversial...provoking in the least...hilarious in the style...coool on the whole...:)

A said...

Oh.. so the fairer sex is uncool? And they're so uncool that they actually deserve to be off-handedly generalized?

Too bad.. tch.. tch..

Sthiramathi aka Seizonsha said...

I know...I know that I have indulged in some generalisation..But..I was almost "accosted" and "threatened over telephone" to handover some earlier years' mid sem question papers that were mistakenly believed to be with me!
What an allegation! And why would I hide such confidential documents?
Competetive advantage?
Naaah..thats not my idea of competitive advatange...
Anyways, Athulya, point noted..some generalisation on my part...but I am not apologising...Not just yet!

Sthiramathi aka Seizonsha said...

Blah!